We become attached to our pets just as like any other member of the family. Losing a pet will be the most traumatic experience for anyone who has a pet. And since all the pets have a limited life span, one day or the other everyone has to experience the D-Day. So what are the different ways we can keep remember our pet after it is gone. Let us find out.
- Urns – This is the most popular choice among people. Urns are used to store the pet remains after they are cremated. They come in different sizes for different animals. Also, they are manufactured in different materials like wood, marble, ceramic etc or some are made in eco-friendly materials. There is also option of customized urns available in some places.
- Window Decals – This can act as a remembrance souvenir. Decals are UV resistant, heavy duty materials which are put on windows. These window decals can be customized with the pet’s name; its photo with you, “I miss you” quotes etc and put in the drawing rooms.
- Photo Album – This is the easiest option isn’t it? A photo album or a book with all the photos of the pet along with you and family members is the best and easiest remembrance. Whenever you miss it, take the album and browse through the pictures, your day will become better for sure.
- Taxidermy – It is one of the most unique options available. If you do not want to cremate the pet and want to have it displayed, approach a taxidermist. He can remove everything and stuff the pet up and make it like a toy. It can always be beside you, isn’t it? They cost about $800 to $2000 dollars depending upon the size.
- Memorial Service – One of the best ways to remember and pay respect to your pet is holding a memorial service. A get together of the whole family, lunch at your house, getting together in church or a park and offering tribute to pet is the best way to remember the pet.
- Making Videos – Just like a photo album, making a video of all the photos of the pet, some good heart touching videos of it in functions can be grouped together and made into a video with a background track. While playing this video, it will bring us back some great memories of the past.
- Paintings – A professional painting of the photograph of your pet and hanging it up in our room, wont it feel it is with us forever?
- Headstones – After the pet burial, headstones can be created in that place as its memorial. There are different types of headstones in different materials like metals, graphite etc. Also, it can be customized with photo and other things as we would wish. You can purchase pet memorial gifts at lcmemorials
- Jewelry – There are many goldsmiths who make and give customized jewelry as we like. Jewelries, rings etc with pet’s photo can be a great remembrance.
- Tattoo – Tattoos in your body of the name of the pet or its photo will give us a life-long remembrance of our pet.
Hence, these are few of lots of weird and odd ideas which will not make you miss your favorite pet.